His journey of service to our Lord and the people of Guatemala

Friday, January 15, 2010

Week 9

Wow, I can't believe it. Week 9 already, and I will be leaving for Guatemala soon. Loco. Mi vida es loco, pero esta bien porgue yo se que yo estoy en las manos del Senyor (I dont know how to make the cool tilde above the n to make it a nyah sound:S)

Entonces, how are things at home? They sound good. I got alot of letters the other day and that was good. I also got the memory card. Sweet (dulce in spanish). And I just sent you a package today. Inside are nearly all the letters I recieved while I was in the MTC, as well as some letters written to the family, and a birthday card to Ashton.

All is well here. We are busy packing for the flight. We are taking American Airlines, and they are kind of pricy for extra bags, and that sticks for my companion because he will have an extra bag, and one of his bags will be overweight, so he will probably have to spend an extra 120 bucks. Lame.

Speaking of bucks, I withdrew 100 dollars from my account into cash today. I figure you want to know that so that you can have an explanation why that money is missing.

Today was my last temple day in the Provo Temple. Very beautiful temple, and lots of good memories. I wonder where I will be assigned in the field, whether it will be in the city or in the jungleness. Either would be cool, not going to lie. According to a map that we have here at the MTC, Belize was once part of my mission. Loco.

I'm glad to hear you recieved my letters (Estoy feliz escucharles recibido mis cartes.) I am especially glad to hear that Danny loved his letter. Man, isn't it nice when your best friend writes you? Oh, that would be so nice ;).

Dave, its cool to hear you are being productive with your time, especially with my beltbuckle. Woot. I do have to say tho, some C&C3 isn't bad everyonce in a while. I am learning alot about time management out here, mainly because I need to, and the Lord is blessing me for it. Something good you can do to make sure you don't run through hours of VG playing could maybe be plan out your day the night before, and allot only a certain amount of time for that. I don't know (No se.) It is also really cool to hear your spanish is getting better. I can see it now, all the Hale boys speaking fluent spanish about theoretical physics or something else along the lines of what we used to tangent about. How i miss those days.

Speaking of spanish, we had two major large group meetings this week. On monday was a meeting where an old doctor dude explained all the ways we are going to die. I quote: "Make sure you wear your sandals, because if you dont, you will get a hook worm, which will go inside you, hook to your intestines, eat what you eat, grow 5, 10, 25 feet long in your body, and make you have chronic diaria for 3 weeks. Be careful. Be careful. Be careful. Be careful. etc". Fun. PERMETHRIN!
Anyways, the other one was about speaking the language, and in field language study. On a scale of 1 to 7, 1 being you dont speak a foreign language, and 7 is you are "Jason-Borne-infiltrate-the-government good where you sound like a native", most missionaries leave the MTC between a 2 and a 3, and finish their mission between a 5 and a 6. With the program we were on here, the Spanish Pilot Program, our teacher said that we are about anywhere between a 4 and a 6. WOW! Loco! Esta bien.

Anyways, not much time left. I love you. It is sweet that it is a holiday on Monday, expect a call. Get anyone, EVERYONE that wants to come over to talk. If I call in the morning, that will be cool, and I only expect family for that one, but the one in the afternoon, have anyone over that would like to be there, like the Graffs and/or the Stoehrs etc etc.

I will call home, grandpa hale and grandpa scott. love you all. I got their numbers, so dont worry. ;)

Also, because it is my last P-day, all of the letters and packages that would come to me is now being shipped to my mission. Cool. Rad. (Teenage mutant ninja turtles live action movie lol)

Words of wisdom: Never pay full price for a late pizza!

Love you,
Elder Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment