His journey of service to our Lord and the people of Guatemala

Friday, January 1, 2010

Week 7

What? No letters? It is 1:13 pm here in the MTC, and while normally there is at least one letter waiting, today there is not. I just died a little in my heart.

Happy New Years! I hope you guys had a good new years party. Fireworks. Staying up past 10:30. A meat and cheese platter. How I miss home. We had a good party here. It consisted of assorted candies and cookies, any bottles of soda or other drinks, glowsticks from the Narnia holes, and the flicking of the light on and off. It was crazy. We partied all night long* (*10:15). It was good.

So, another fast sunday coming up, and that means a hand written letter, am I right? Yeah. I plan on sending my memory card home, so that you can dl all the sweet picks off.

I got that picture of everyone highfiving the outlined hand of mine. That is sweet! Maybe next time I can send home a picture of my outlined foot, and then have someone hold it really high, so it looks like everyone is karate kicking simutaneously. Hi-YAH!

We got a new district and lost one this week. Some left on Monday and others on Wednesday morning. It was weird to see 2 of them just waiting in our dorms in the afternoon though. Appearantly, their co-pilot decided to sleep in, and so the flight was delayed and they were sent back to the MTC, while their stuff was sent to Virginia. Fun. They left the next morning.

Speaking of seeing people, while I was getting my dinner on Wednesday, I saw none other than the newly-minted Elder Jeff Elmer! It was sweet. He is gonna be here for 12 weeks, and that is fun. I bet his farewell was good and packed.

17 minutes.

So, I found out some cool stuff about my flight out of here. First, when I am in the airport, I get to make some calls! When we get closer, I'll tell you my flight plans, and we can set up a time for when I will call. I do not think there is a limit on who or how many I can call either. Second, I should be going either one of two ways. Either we fly to Dallas, then straight to Guatemala City, or we fly to Dallas, then to Mexico City, then take a crappy plane ride to Guatemala, us and livestock, i dont know. Personally, I hope we don't go to Mexico City. Dangerous down there.

I can't believe it is week 7!

Also, this is the first year of my life that I won't see any of my family. Sadness :(.

Alot of elders here are learning how to play harmonica, specifically hymns. I think it would be cool to learn how to play the handorgan, but I think my future companions would probably just end up punching my in the gut, or covering my harmonica in peanut butter.

Things are good here. Last Sunday, we were talked to by Greg Olson, an artist for the Church, who does a LOT of really cool paintings. Definitely worth looking up.

I am a little upset that the girls didn't get me my christmas wish though. Come on, I just asked for the lyrics! Its not bad! Elder Hayden and I actually changed some of the lyrics to "Fix You" to make it even more Christ-y than it already was:

Christ will guide you home,
and ignite your soul,
and he will come and fix you.

Huh? HUH? Not bad huh?

Coming near the end. I love you guys, and it stinks that I am not going to see you this year, but it is definitly for a good cause.

I think stress brings acne, cause my back is sucking right now >.<>,

No comments:

Post a Comment