I think it is week 8, im not really sure. oh well.
Hi family and friends in the world of sleeping in! How I miss sleeping in. If I could sleep in till 8 am, I would be a happy man. Oh well.
So, no joke, the letters this week are alot better from last week. 3 messages and a letter! I AM loved. I kinda feel bad for those elders in my district that only get a letter every once in a while. Makes me count my blessings.
It was really cool to hear from Ada from Capriotti's. What's up, Capriotti's?! So many cool people there, I need to make some time for a letter, which will probably come within the next couple weeks.
About letters, I am sorry, but I haven't sent the fast sunday letter yet. I was going to do it, but my time got filled with other things. I was called as my district's district leader, and man they have to do alot of meetings. So, that is one of the reasons why. The other reason is that I realized that I only have one memory card, so if i sent out my memory card, I would probably miss some important filming and photoing opportunities. So, if you could please send me out a memory card, nothing big, but enough to bide my time till you send me back mine would be awesome. This leads me into my next revelation:
I got my travel plans! It is awesome. Let me pull them out really quick. Oop, sorry, it is my (entering sophisticated mock voice) "Travel Itinerary". Hmmm, yesh. Anyways, here is the most important information: I leave the 18th of January from SLC to the Dallas/Fort Worth TX airport. I will be on the American Airlines 1052, and it will arrive in Texas at 3:45 PM. I will be there, waiting for my flight STRAIGHT toGuatemala, which leaves at 5:30 PM, flight number 2195 (also AA). While there, I will be with a group of 12 other missionaries.
That leaves the question, what will 12 missionaries do for more than an hour? Well, besides getting the last of their english in for a while, and probably giving BoMs to people, we will be CALLING OUR FAMILIES! YAY! The MTC allows missionaries to call their families while they are waiting in the airport! So, gather everyone you can, friends, family friends, best friends, the dog, and what not, for I will be calling anytime between 4 pm and 5:30 PM. I cant wait to talk to you all! Hopefully this makes up for the missed Christmas call, but I doubt it.
11 minutes >,<
Things are going good here.
I didn't forget Ashtons birthday, dont worry. I actually remember'd it about 2 days ago. Close one! I will definitely send a handmade card, from the Heart (Shiiing!). And about Noah pushing Avery down the stairs, yikes! It reminds me of The Goonie's, when Chunk said something to the effect of: "When I was seven, I pushed my sister down the stairs and blamed it on the dog!" Oh man. I love those kids.
With my memory card will be coming some videos on it. Make sure to get those off and watch them.
I am also going to send home ALL of the letters and stuff that was sent to me while I have been here in the MTC. Have fun picking my brain and finding out who loves me the most (5 bucks says it is Mom :P)
My spanish is coming along alright. We have learned all the grammar, and now need to just apply it. I need to expand my vocab, but it is really nice being able to express my thoughts in spanish to those that I need to. Of course, those thoughts will sound like they came from a 6 year old, but oh well. I will be a giant, zitty, white spanish 6 year old if I have to. I'll say what you want me to say, Dear Lord, I'll be who you want me to be.
I love you all, and hope this finds you well. The church is true, and the Spirit is a beautiful thing that can testify of the truth better that any man ever could. I have felt the Spirit, and testify that Heavenly Father loves His children, because He knows us all because we are His children. All of us, from a 19 year old white kid, to the humble people in Guatemala, to those working hard making sandwiches at a sandwich shop in Vegas, and beyond. I love you all.
Mom, you know me well. I didnt bring the questions, and I dont remember them. But I love you!
Adios!
-Elder Hale
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment