His journey of service to our Lord and the people of Guatemala

Monday, February 15, 2010

Week 13

So, my entire email was just deleted because I tryed to upload some pictures, and that really annoyed me. I am going to try to do a cliffnotes version of my email because I dont have time to write another one:

Hi family and friends!

It was really foggy this morning!
I love you!
Progressing investigators are awesome!
People going inactive because of other people is not awesome!
I have cool pictures!

Bye!
-Elder Hale

No, I am not going to do that, because it is not fair to you or anything, however sucky it is. So a slightly less cliffnotes version.

The weather here is really interesting right now, because during the day it is really hot, and at night it gets colder that you would think. And this morning it was really foggy. I have pictures of it, but I am not going to try to send them, lest I fall into a fit of computer nerdrage.

I really like it when investigators progress. When they hear what you have to say about this gospel of hope, and then act for themselves to find out if this is true through prayer, it is so cool. We have two progressing families and its going to be cool if we can get them baptized. One of them has a son that is 17 years old, so future missionary, aww yeah.

More on the point of people finding out for themselves if the gospel is true. This wasn't in the original, erased email (don't miss it too much, it ended feeling a bit depressing). When God saved Noah and his family from the flood that would cleanse the world of the evil that was there, he didn't save them all by lifting them up into a cloud, or doing some miraculous thing. He had Noah build an ark. He had Noah do everything he already could, and then Jehovah filled in the rest. We need to do the same. God always did that too, now that I look at it. When the people of God, the ones that choose to follow the prophets and commandments of God, try with all their might to do what is commanded to save them, the Lord fills in the rest. So if investigators or even we as members desire salvation, we need to do all we can. It is kinda cool.

We had an elder here, Elder Aranda, get a Dear Juan (spanish joke, ha) today. I am really glad I don't have to worry about that.

I am going to end this email with the same ending as the deleted one. I am going to leave you all with a really cool scripture that was told to my zone by my old branch president, Pres. Shumway, the Sunday before we left the MTC. It is 2 Nephi 33:6

I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.

I glory in my Jesus. :)

Love you guys,
Elder Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment