Dear Family and Friends...
First of all, I have more time today, so hopefully you wont have a hurriedly ended letter. No one likes cliffhanngers...Anyways, aloot (lol canadians) of stuff happened this week.
I got both packages, and I laughed pretty hard that you sent me clothes in a Converse shoe box. Well played. But I do have one beef: You sent me gum. I had just read earlier that day that we, as missionaries and reps of the Lord, arent going to be chewing any gum. Lame! So now I have 4 packs of contraband sitting in my top drawer. I did appreciate the cookies and letters. Lisa was, although, the first of my family to send me letters! Then Grandpa Scott, and then Mom, Dad, and Dave tied for 3rd. Maybe everyone could have a contest to see who writes me first/most. I feel the love.
P-day is officially friday for my stay in the MTC. And right now, and elder is playing hymns and other songs on his harmonica. Hey Jude. Elder Montierth and I are doing fine, better than last week for sure. We had some contention and it stunk, but we are good now. The laundry room is packed. Also, just so I can save time and write more, while im in the MTC, use something called DearElder. You use it like email, but they print it out and send it like mail. Its cool, but i think it costs a little money.
So every morning, two things happen:
1: I wake up 3 minutes before my alarm, doesn't matter what time I set my alarm for.
2: I wake up with a random song in my head. In order from day 1 (11/18) it is: Square One (Coldplay), Talk (CP), Lucky (Jimmy Eat World), Left Handed Suzuki Method (Gorillaz), Called to Serve, White Shadows (CP), Absolution (Muse), Jovial Costume (Alias), First Breath after the Coma (Explosions in the Sky), and today Consider the Lillies of the Field.
9 min. To answer Lisa's question: This emoticon (=.=) is one of my favorite ones. It is like the face when you say 'Doh' or just like an agitated sigh. Mom, send me charcole pants! Since it is the winter, I need to be in a suit at all times, especially devotionals. I've been wearing the same 2 pairs since last wednesday! 36 waist.
Speaking of devotionals, this week has been awesome! On tuesday, we had a devotional by Dallin H. Oaks and on Thanksgiving morning, Jeffrey R Holland. I think Holland is my favorite. He is such a mountain of faith. He said if there is some doctrine that we don't know, don't let it bother us, but to just hold on more tightly to that which we do know.
4 mins! The Spanish is coming along. it is our second week, and our teacher is pushing us faster than any class that he has done before. We are in week 2, and we are learning week 5 stuff!
I met Elder Carlson, the elder who is going to the same mission as me, and Dad met his dad in the temple my first day thru. Its cool. There is no such thing as coincidence. My mission pres is awesome. Faith, prayer and fasting work. My prayers were answered on Sunday. It wasn't the answer that I expected, It was much better. I love you guys. Where are my letters from Danny and Aimee and Scott and the nephews and what not??!
No time, rushing.
I know the church is true. I know i am in the right place.
Love you all.
12 secs.
-Elder Hale
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment